Top Social

All-time favorite products! (skincare + makeup)

October 4, 2017

I've talked about my favorites, both skincare and makeup, many times before, but months have passed and I figured it's time to gather all of those favorites and put them into one post. Below are a list of my all-time favorite skincare and makeup products. I change up my makeup routine and try out new skincare products all the time, but always go back to the products listed below. Keep reading to find out! [click the italicized product for a direct link to the item] 

SKINCARE: 

Acne.org Cleanser: I really believe that this cleanser has been a huge factor in helping clear up my skin. As you may know, I've struggled with acne for an extremely long time. This cleanser is gentle, but cleans deep. My skin feels fresh and fully cleansed after I use this.

Clinique Moisture Surge Extended Thirst Relief Moisturizer: I've tried numerous different moisturizers while struggling with acne, but this one has been the most gentle, but nourishing at the same time. I look for oil-free when searching for moisturizer and that can sometimes leave you still feeling stripped of your natural oils. This moisturizer doesn't leave me with that feeling. I feel moisturized without feeling greasy. It's perfect!

Thayer's Witch Hazel Alcohol Free Original: I can't rave about this product enough. I use the alcohol free (original) one and it's fantastic. I use it as a toner after I wash my face and it gives me that 'extra clean' feeling. Witch Hazel is amazing for your skin in terms of healing and fighting bacteria. I would definitely recommend looking up the benefits of witch hazel if you're struggling with acne.

Sunday Riley U.F.O. Oil: Salicylic acid is one acid that I need in my skincare routine. I try not to use too many harsh chemicals on my skin because acids can strip too much oil from the skin resulting in excess oil production. So even for someone with oily skin, like me, stripping too much oil from the skin will result in more acne. Therefore, I only use this Sunday Riley U.F.O. Oil. It only has 1.5% salicylic acid in it, which helps deep clean and naturally exfoliate the skin. This product has 100% helped keep my acne at bay.

Murad Skin Smoothing Polish: I adore this product. For me, it's really important that I exfoliate my skin because my skin does not naturally exfoliate itself as quickly as others, which results in small clogged pores on my skin. Therefore, I need an exfoliator that isn't too harsh, but actually gets the job done. This Murad exfoliator has been a lifesaver for me! I don't think I'll ever use another exfoliator!

MAKEUP: 

Lancome Teint Idole Ultra Foundation: This foundation has been a staple in my makeup routine for over a year now. It has the perfect finish, it's oil free and lasts all day long on my skin. I've tried many other foundations, but I always go back to this!

Tarte Shape Tape Concealer: BEST CONCEALER EVER! Now if you don't like a full coverage concealer you probably won't like this. This concealer is full coverage and does not crease! It smoothes out my skin and completely covers my extremely dark under eye circles.

Becca Under Eye Corrector: Like I just stated above I have really dark under eye circles. Therefore, I need an under eye corrector to cancel out the purple undertones in my dark circles. This Becca corrector is a miracle worker. It doesn't cake up when I put the Tarte Shape Tape over top of it and it helps completely rid of my under eye circles.

Kat Von D Tattoo Liner: I've used this liner for YEARS! I've never had an eyeliner that goes on so smoothly and lasts all day. It doesn't rub off or transfer onto the eyelids. It's an amazing eyeliner and I'll never use anything else.

Sephora Collection Eyeshadow (Hawaiian Beach): I've only ever owned Hawaiian Beach in a Sephora Collection single eyeshadow, but this one is my all-time favorite shadow! It's the perfect bronze-y shimmer shade and I use it every single day. Unfortunately they've discontinued this shade... so I'll have to look for a new favorite soon.

Charlotte Tilbury Matte Revolution Lipstick (VERY VICTORIA): I'm currently about to purchase my third tube of this lipstick. Mind you... it's a $34 lipstick, but it's SO GOOD. It's one of those 'your lips, but better' kind of shades for me. I use it almost every single day. I don't think I'll ever love a lipstick as much as I love this one!

Dior Iconic Overcurl Mascara: I have really long and thick eyelashes and it's really hard for me to get them to actually curl. This mascara curls my difficult lashes before I even use an eyelash curler! I've had people ask me if I have false lashes on when I use this, but it's just the mascara. It's THAT good.

disclaimer: some of these products may not work for you the way they work for me. everything works differently on different people. so please don't be discouraged if a certain skincare product or makeup product doesn't work the way you'd hope. on the other hand, i do hope that i can inspire some of you to purchase and try out some of my favorite products in hopes that they work perfectly for you!
Post Comment
Post a Comment